Wow, has it really been that long since the last update? Well, let’s update you on what we’ve been up to!
- Lorna Bains 1 is coming along well! Over the last two months we have been working on mostly the character’s models, the first Hub scene in the game and also finalizing the UI. Here’s a spiffy GIF that shows what the complete scene looks like right now:
- Lorna’s portrait in the lower-left corner will change depending on the situation, i.e. when she’s thinking or idling. The animations below are only placeholders and will be replaced later:
- Here’s a screenshot of the desk in Lonnie’s office, the first hub scene in the game. The items are of course placeholders:
- Lonnie’s closet might also hide some secrets! …Or really just random stuff:
- Since we are now using the excellent Dialogue System addon for Unity we threw around the idea of having a quest/mission system. This would allow the player to keep track of what it is they still have to do. A potential UI for it could look like this:
So yeah, not a lot of text in this update, but lotsa screenshots. Things are coming along and perhaps i can get Natalie to share some more WIP shots of her character designs and scenes!
Thank you so much to all of you who stick with us and we are as excited for the game as you are. Progress may be a little slow, but we’re on it!
We love you long time!
– Marcus Seyer, aka. The Dhel, Founder ReVenture Games