Time to bring you up-to-speed on our progress with what we’re doing!
In this update, i focus exclusively on Lorna Bains, our main project at this time.
- The prototype is coming along very well! Since the last update, we’ve mostly been working on the UI and adding/fixing up animations for Lorna and Keys.
- We have re-designed a few GUI elements to suit our needs. Here are some WIP screenshots. First one shows the new subtitle UI at the bottom of the screen.
- We have also now implemented all dialogue options for Keys, Lorna’s co-worker at “Michael’s I & E”.
- You may remember the murder scene investigation menu from the Lorna Bains prologue. We kept that idea, but re-worked the way it works in “The Matriarch’s Dowry”. Instead of first clicking on buttons, then choosing which body part (or object) you want to inspect, you now get a closeup of the character. The hotspots then allow you to choose with part you’d like to inspect closer. (And yes, for some reason we did include a hotspot on Keys’ crotch area.)
- Of course there is also a puzzle involved in this prologue area! The store has gotten new inventory, and it is Lorna’s job to determine how much each piece is worth. You will be able to grab the object and turn it around to get a good view from all angles. We have not started working on the actual puzzle, however we do have a rudimentary UI for it, showing how it would work when it’s actually functional.
- Lastly, here’s a shot of what the main menu looks like at this point!
All in all, we’ve been pretty busy and we are quite happy with the results so far!
Another thing i want to mention, is that we’re planning on releasing this prototype to the public (i.e. you.). Your feedback is important to us and if you got any recommendations or comments, we’d love to hear from you!
You can find our contact details on our Team page. Contact either me (Marcus) or Natalie, and we’ll get back to you asap! 🙂
See y’all to the next update! We love you, guys (and gals)!
– Marcus Seyer, aka. The Dhel, Founder ReVenture Games